We have redesigned our job creation pages to make posting a session on Network Locum even easier (and quicker).
Here is a quick video guide to show you how to create a job.
Step 1. Getting started
Click on “Create a Job” menu item in the top blue bar.
Step 2. Choose the practice site (*only if you manage multiple practices, otherwise this will not be visible and you can proceed to Step.3)
View your list of practices
Pick the practice for which you are creating the session
Step 3. Enter session dates, times & rates
Set session date & times
- Select the date, start time and end time of the session (end time is usually the same day unless your session is for an overnight shift).
- Add the duration of the break (where applicable)
- For example, a 9am-6pm shift with a three- hour lunch break will read:
- Start time 09:00 AM
Stop Time 06:00 PM
Break Duration 180 minutes
- Start time 09:00 AM
Add hourly rate
- Set the hourly rate that you would like to pay the GP
- For guidance: Rates typically range between £70/hr-£85hr - depending on how far in advance you post sessions, and the number of hours the doctor will be working.
- After setting the rate - your total fees payable for a session will be displayed. This includes the Network Locum service fee (before and after VAT).
Click add session once you have chosen the date and times
To post multiple sessions:
- Click the ‘Add session’ button
- Pick additional dates, dates and times
- Specify the rate.
- Then click next
Step 4. Add job description
Please include as much detail as possible in the job description box to increase your chances of finding a GP.
This session description will be applied to all dates picked in Step.3.
Information should include:
- Working hours and structure of the day from start to finish
- Expected number of patients to be seen
- Administration time
- Procedure for prescriptions
- Whether home visits are required and any details regarding additional fees.
- Nurse support
- Any telephone triage
We advise you to be as detailed as possible. Some GPs do not apply if the session description does not include sufficient information.
You can also review your dates at the bottom of the screen again should you need to make any changes
Step 5. Decide whether to use ‘Priority Access’ and other fill options
Published jobs will be open to all verified GPs on Network Locum by default.
However, you can elect to publish the job to GPs in your Priority Access group (GPs that you have granted exclusive access to jobs for a specific period before enabling all GPs to see it.)
To choose this option:
- Enable priority access by ticking the box
- Enter the duration to keep this job in Priority Access. This is the time during which the job will only be visible to GPs in your priority access list. Timings range between 12 hours to 7 days.
“Allow the first GP applicant to book this session, without you needing to review their application” option
If your session is urgent, you might benefit from enabling this option. Doing this allows first available and verified GP who applies to automatically fill the session without you needing to accept the application
- Activate ‘Allow the first GP applicant to book this session, without you needing to review their application’ option by ticking this box.
Step 6. Review and publish your sessions
You can review your session here, and edit any details that you wish to change.
- Edit any section by clicking on the edit button next to it – this will take you back to the right place to re-enter the information and re-confirm it.
- To finish, click the green ‘confirm and post’ button at the bottom of the form
After you’ve posted the session, GPs in your area will see your jobs on the website and smartphone app, as well as receive emails and texts where appropriate.
Check your sessions
To check your posting, click on ‘Sessions’ for an overview of all jobs at your practice.
The red marker indicates the shift you have just posted as displayed below.
If you experience any technical issues or have questions, please contact the customer support team.
You can get in touch either by using the online chat ( 08:00-21:00 weekdays, 08:00-20:00 weekends) in the bottom right-hand corner or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, call us on 0203 771 8411. (08:00 – 21:00 weekdays, weekends 08:00 – 20:00)
One more thing…
If your page display differs from the example layout, please download or update Google Chrome for the latest version.